Are you a member of Facebook or Twitter? Pet lovers now have the ability to upload photos of their precious pets, find information and advice, join contests and even adopt another. Pet social networks have become a strong part of the online community; some catering to dogs and cats, while others are about reptiles, birds, horses, ferrets and fish. Pet social networks fill a distinct need for owners, lovers and trainers of pets who are passionate about their breed or fury friends.
A wide variety of social networks offer an opportunity to connect and interact with others of like minds through forums, groups, profiles and endless fun activities to:
· Share stories and exchange ideas about daily dog walking, cat neutering or locating a spot for your pet lizard in your home.
· Showcase your pets by sharing videos and recent photos; create a pet photo album.
· Find resources and expert help with behavioral training and devices, pet health and safety along with organic food sources.
· Highlight pet adoption services, locate a home for a lost pet or scan a rescue database.
· Hang out in the dog park, play games, post to a blog or develop your own pet web page.
· Receive newsletters and tips for your pets; find coupons for your favorite pet items.
Display your pet's personality and unique characteristics in an online community profile to communicate with other pet lovers from across the country and around the world. Join the social network for pets at PetNetWorld.com.
Photo credit: http://petnetworld.com/